Noopept, AKA N-phenylacetyl-L-prolylglycine ethyl ester, is a nootropic that, simply put, has overtaken the nootropic community in the past few years. Technically, it’s not in the racetam family because it has a 2-oxo-pyrollidine skeleton, but people often classify it as a racetam because it has nearly identical effects to that group – especially piracetam.
The drug was invented in Russia in the 1970s by JSC LEKKO Pharmaceuticals, and it came to America in 1995. It’s still awaiting approval from the FDA, which means that brick and mortar shops don’t sell it yet, but you can easily buy it online from various reputable vendors.
What to expect from Noopept
If you’ve ever taken piracetam, you can expect similar effects, which are below.
- Less brain fog: your thoughts come to you faster, and you’re able to articulate them at a much quicker rate. You may think that you’re getting smarter, but in reality, you’ve had the smarts all along – Noopept is just helping you recall them when you need them.
- Better vocabulary: Noopept doesn’t magically make you learn more words, but you’re able to think of exact words when you need them, such as saying “it was extraordinary” over “it was really good” if something really impressed you.
- More motivation: you wake up ready to take on the day, and you’re excited about completing your tasks… even if they’re arduous and boring. Your mileage may vary, but most users experience a motivational boost from Noopept, especially in the first few weeks of use.
- More mental clarity: when you’re walking down the street, you will be more aware of your surroundings. Your mind is more active, so you take in more details. Some have reported enhanced peripheral vision from Noopept, but it’s not a common benefit.
- Enhanced sex drive: not like Viagra, but in terms of noticing (and appreciating) the beauty of the opposite gender.
Everyone gets a different effect from Noopept, but by and large, you can expect the above five benefits to some degree.
So how much do you have to take?
Surprising dosage of Noopept
If you’re familiar with piracetam, you know that the recommended dosage can get way up there – while most preach 4g to 4.8g per day, some recommend up to 10g. Swallowing 10g of powder every single day isn’t the most appealing idea to some people.
If you’re one of those people, Noopept is for you. The recommended dosage is a mere 10mg to 30mg per day. This can easily be fit into a single capsule, or it can be mixed into a drink without having a noticeable effect on the taste… even if you’re using regular tap water.
Potential side effects of Noopept
Some report that Noopept’s effects are decreased with daily use over an extended period of time. To counterbalance this, take a break from Noopept for a week or two. Then take it again and record the results – chances are, you’ll be back to day one with it. If you’re not, a longer break may be needed.
And just a few people have reported irritability with others. When you take Noopept, you’ll be bursting at the seams with energy and knowledge. Others who aren’t taking it probably won’t be. You may get annoyed at them, but as long as you catch yourself, you can prevent this “side effect” pretty easily.
It’s important to note that Noopept is very powerful. Don’t exceed 30mg per day, or you may experience more negative side effects than just the above, especially in regards to your GI tract. If you buy it in powder form, you must buy a milligram scale to weigh it out. Not doing so is dangerous, because the difference between 30mg and 300mg is barely noticeable to the bare human eye.
How much does Noopept cost?
Because each dosage is so miniscule, Noopept can cost substantially less than other nootropics, and even other racetams.
You can usually find a gram for as low as around $20. Remember, a gram will break down into as many as 100 doses. Beginners with no tolerance can easily get by with 10mg per day, but let’s say you’re maxing out and taking 30mg per day, broken down into three doses of 10mg. This means that for $20, you can get an entire month’s supply of Noopept – not bad.
Noopept is a fantastic jumping off point for beginners – it’s cheap, the dosage is low, and it has a high success rate. Pick up a bottle and take it with consistency. You’ll be surprised what 30mg (or less) of powder per day can do for your mental state.