When you hear people speaking about smart drugs and a new wave of pills that are helping students and professionals to get a mental edge, they are probably speaking about nootropics. However, just because you hear them say it works doesn’t mean it really does. First and foremost, you have to take into account your personal safety by make your own smart choices.
With so many different brands of brain enhancement supplements out there it can often be difficult to choose the one that’s right for you. So here are the tips:
- Take time to check the labels and the amount of each active ingredient that are included.
- Avoid the hype. You may have seen some nootropic ads that create false expectations of instantly achieving superior intelligence, so you get the right reason to be skeptical. Always remember that the best nootropics take time to work into the system. People taking these supplements wouldn’t instantly notice the effects. Additionally, many other smart drugs and brain supplements do not have cumulative effects as their active ingredients are easily eliminated from the body, thus, there are no long lasting effects.
- Start with the basic, and start slow. Natural nootropics are obviously the safest type of ‘smart drugs’ because they are herbal in nature and yield natural benefits. Choline supplements on the other hand have the ability to positively affect cognition and have shown positive results regarding both memory and learning. When combined with vitamin B derivatives which play an important role in keeping our bodies running like well-oiled machines and help us to stay energized throughout the day, natural nootropics and choline nootropics will help you achieve your desired results with no risk to your personal safety. These important factors were taken into account in the formulation of Naturamin’s nootropic brand ‘Brain Booster.
Naturamin Brain Booster is scientifically formulated to increase brain’s abilities to learn, to remember, to focus and to get things done. It blends together no less than eleven safe and super-effective ingredients, carefully chosen for their ability to positively affect and support brain cells. It included everything the brain needs to function perfectly – a mix of the world’s most powerful, natural brain supplements, antioxidants, herbs and vitamins proven to enhance cognitive health – including:
- ALCAR 400mg – short for Acetyl-L-Carnitine is the acetylated version of L-Carnitine, which plays important roles in energy metabolism. Added due to its greater bioavailability above L-Carnatine, and for its ability to improve alertness, speed up the learning process, and provide energy.
- Bacopa Monnieri 200mg – used in Indian medicine for hundreds of years, Bacopa has been shown to be useful for improving memory, boosting serotonin levels, reducing anxiety and safely enhancing cognitive performance in clinical trials.
- Choline Bitatrate 600mg – works indirectly to promote focus, better memory and higher levels of energy. Your brain uses it to synthesise and release acetylcholine, an important neurotransmitter. Choline is also great for balancing out your brain chemistry.
- Ginkgo Biloba (24% concentration of flavonoid extract) 120mg – Ginkgo has a long been used in traditional medicine to improve memory. It is an excellent source of Flavonoids and Terpenoids, antioxidants which help stave off the buildup of harmful free radicals as you age. A number of studies have found that Ginkgo has a positive effect on thinking, learning and memory in people with Alzheimer’s disease. Ginkgo has also been shown to protect neurons from oxidative damage.
- Ginseng 60mg – Ginseng is a root that has been used in Chinese medicine for hundreds of years. Studies have found that Ginseng has a protective effect on the brain, found to promote healthy brain development and to increase the brain’s ability to protect its own neurons and proteins. What’s more is that it works together in synergy with both bacopa and ginkgo.
- Gotu Kola 35mg – Gotu Kola has been used as a traditional medicine in India, China and Indonesia for thousands of years. Possessing an abundance of triterpenoids, it is often used to improve mental clarity and has been shown to reduce anxiety and improve circulation.
- L-Tyrosine 300mg – L-Tyrosine is an important building block for neurotransmitters including epinephrine, norepinephrine, dopamine and L-DOPA. It has also been shown to reduce stress, increase alertness, and combat sleep deprivation.
- Vitamin B5 6mg – an essential nutrient that helps the nervous system to function properly. It is a component of coenzyme A (CoA), which is required for the synthesis of the neurotransmitter, acytelcholine, and the hormone, melatonin.
- Vitamin B6 6mg – is involved in the production of several neurotrasmitters and is required for brain development and function. It helps in the production of the hormones serotonin and norepinephrine, which influence your mood. Studies have linked B6 with improved memory performance, better mood regulation and lower levels of anxiety, especially for mature brains.
- Vitamin B12 100mcg – Important to keep your brain and nervous system functioning at their peak. Deficiency of Vitamin B12 is characterised by fatigue, depression, confusion, and poor memory. B12 also works in synergy with B6 to increase energy and productivity.
- Zinc 10mg – an essential nutrient that plays an important role in modulating synaptic plasticity. Zinc intake activates extracellular-signal-regulated kinases (ERK) in neurons, thereby playing a well-established role in learning and memory.
- Keep a healthy lifestyle. Any supplement only works best when combined with healthy food choices and healthy lifestyle. There is no point in taking these nootropic supplements if your body is lacking the mechanisms to absorb and retain the nutrients that supposedly support your brain.